People create many types of businesses to operate from home. We’ll cover some of the most popular ideas here:
Virtual / In-Person Teacher
- Music teacher: teach an instrument such as guitar, violin, or piano. Plan to offer your services on different teaching platforms and offer private lessons as well as group lessons.
- Dance teacher: teach modern dance, ballet, or ballroom dancing. Offer different types of schedules for kids and adults. It is important you have all the proper equipment so your online lessons look highly professional.
- Art teacher: teach drawing and illustration, painting, or sculpture. Define which are technique you are best at and create a schedule of all the different hours available you have.
- Language instructor: teach Spanish, Chinese, Latin, or French. Be sure you completely dominate the language you are planning to teach.
- Tutor: Tutor either elementary or high school students in subjects that you are degreed in, such as math, English, or chemistry.
- Yoga instructor: teach virtual yoga and meditation techniques.
- Blogging: Whether you decide to become a blogger and create new and rich content there are many ways to make money blogging. Creating your own blog can be a different and fun activity where you will be able to experiment with your creativity and promote it. High-quality content is a must.
- Freelancing photography: Consider the type of photography you want to do and what are the most popular requirements needed from your potential clients.
- Online course creator: Develop, create, and sell an online course that teaches people how to do something you’re really good at, including any of the items listed above!
You can operate an e-commerce company from your home, such as Amazon FBA. You can purchase products in bulk and sell them online. You’ll partner with a warehouse where your products will be shipped from. You can also perform all services related to e-commerce and expand as you need to. When choosing products, consider how much space you’ll need to accommodate this type of operation.
Many home-based business owners sell products that they create, such as:
- Candles: A candle company may be the best business for anyone passionate about wicks, soy blends, and achieving the perfect scent. You can offer soy candles, scented candles, beeswax candles, paraffin candles, and more.
- Books: Selling books online is a great way to get started, also consider selling e-books online.
- Baked goods: Bakeries have been around for a long time, but recently they have grown in popularity. Entrepreneurs have taken their cakes, cupcakes, and cookies from home and open regular bakeries and restaurants, and even franchises that make. Creating cupcakes, artisan bread, cookies, wedding cakes, and more could be a great way to start.
- Jewelry: Making people’s personalities come alive through jewelry is a very fulfilling creative pursuit. Think about creating beaded bracelets, necklaces, earrings, rings. etc.
- Essential oils offer many opportunities for creativity and reward. Own a business or buy wholesale oils to resell on your own.
- A lot of people know how to knit, but it’s generally considered a new fad or a lost art. It’s not clear to them how to make money with it. You can start by creating hats, scarves, mittens, or sweaters.
You may base your business on providing services to customers either in person or online depending on the services you offer, which might include:
- Makeup tutorials: Teaching how to properly use makeup and providing some confidence tips might be a loving activity, not only for you but also for your potential clients. Even showing how to apply lashes properly would be a great way to get started.
- Dog walking: Taking care of furry babies and just having a long walk outdoors could definitely bring you great benefits.
- Personal trainer: While training for your own personal goals, you are also helping others to achieve theirs.
- Virtual assistant: if organizing and scheduling your day is a passion of yours, you should definitely offer these services to people that don’t have that same passion or patience as you do.
- Clients of personal shoppers usually buy clothing and accessories for themselves. A personal shopper may work directly for a client or their stylist; other personal shopper employment is available through boutiques and departments stores.
- Housecleaner: This is a great opportunity if you are passionate about cleaning and decluttering. These services have a high demand.