Business Development Executive, 4 days per week, remote working, OTE £100k
If you are an experienced BD and Sales lover with a willingness to learn your way around all things Equity Investment and Crowdfunding, then we might be the team for you. At ISQ we work with the leading equity investment platforms to ensure clients plan, prepare, launch and run highly successful funding rounds and we do it bloody well. We think to be a good fit for this role you’ll either be a seasoned sales expert or seeking a senior sales role as a natural progression from your current role. You’ll be happy to work independently and remotely, full of drive and initiative and able to handle responsibility.
Why work for us
Here are some ISQ staff highlights;
- Great work/life balance. Staff work a 4-day work week (and have done since long before everyone else was thinking about doing it!)
- Company indulgence scheme.
- Company laptop.
- Share options.
- Fun and friendly team.
- Flexible remote working.
- Mental health is important to us all and easily discussed.
- Enthusiasm for friendly banter.
- Very competitive salaries and great additional earning potential.
- Dogs occasionally appearing in Zooms is not a problem.
The purpose of the Business Development Executive (BDE) role is to drive the company’s revenue generation through business development and product/service sales activities.
While other team members will from time to time be engaged in sales–related activities, the BDE has the primary responsibility for the company’s sales activities and revenue generation.
The BDE will report directly to the CEO with a dotted reporting line to the Commercial Director.
The role is not currently required to manage other staff.
- Achieving revenue and profitability targets through sales of current and future products and services.
- Direct generation of sales leads/prospects to achieve agreed sales targets. (The company does not utilise external/outsourced lead generation services.)
- Qualification of potential sales opportunities.
- Conducting calls with prospects and closing sales.
- Liaison with crowdfunding platforms (e.g. Crowdcube & Seedrs) as appropriate to closing sales.
- Management of Sales Pipeline in accordance with company policy.
- Regular and ad hoc performance reporting to company executive.
- Development and execution of lead generation activities to identify client prospects and build the sales pipeline.
- All other duties which may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
This is a senior role. We're seeking a sales/business development professional, ideally with no less than three years successful experience in the professional services sector in a role with similar responsibilities.
Experience working in a small, fast-paced agile business is desirable. An understanding of startup and high-growth businesses would be very useful as would knowledge of and/or experience in how businesses seek investment. Prior exposure to crowdfunding would be ideal but not essential.
The BDE will enjoy a close working relationship with all members of the ISQ team.
The BDE will also develop professional relationships with the company’s key partners such as Crowdcube & Seedrs.
The BDE will have:
comprehensive knowledge of and sound capability using proven and established sales and business development methodologies, techniques, and processes.
the ability to effectively manage the sales cycle through to successful sales closure.
effective negotiation skills.
strong problem resolution skills.
excellent verbal and written communication skills.
organisational skills, able to self-manage time and workload.
sound general business knowledge.
- strong competency in the use of standard business and sales management software.
With primary responsibility for company revenue, it is essential that the BDE is a self-starter able to execute their accountabilities and achieve the key objectives of the role with limited direction and oversight.
The BDE also needs to exhibit the following qualities:
- a can-do attitude with a profound focus on outcome and results.
- learning agility and adaptive to change.
- ability to work as part of a team environment.
The company has a commitment to work/life balance and operates a 4-day 32-hour working week without salary sacrifice.
In the first year of employment, the BDE will be entitled to 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays. This will increase as follows:
- 23 days in the second year of service
- 25 days in the third year of service
- 28 days thereafter
The company may offer time off outside formal leave provisions, intended to benefit health and wellbeing. Such arrangements are not considered formal contractual terms.
Participation in the company's share option scheme (EMI) may be offered in due course at the company’s discretion based on the BDE’s contribution to the success of the business.
A NEST Pension Scheme is available by arrangement.
The BDE will be compensated via a base salary, plus sales commission without an earnings cap. Opportunity To Earn £100,000.
An initial base salary of £25,000pa will be offered for two years. Thereafter the base salary will be reviewed on an annual basis.
A commission of 10% per sale will be paid for each sale of the company’s full core programme* sold at no less than the minimum selling price set by the company, providing that no commission will be paid should the number of sales in any calendar month be less than 5.
We anticipate the BDE to achieve no less than 8 core product sales per month with up to 20 sales, or more, per month being achievable in due course.
There is no earnings cap on the potential sales commission.
The company reserves the right to review the commission rate at no greater frequency than once in any twelve-month period. In the event of a reduction in the commission rate the company will provide no less than six months notice of any such reduction.
* The commission rate for sales of other non-core products will be by arrangement.
- This is a remote ‘work from home’/remote working position. (The company will provide a laptop along with any other standard working tools as might be required and by mutual agreement.)
- The company currently maintains its head office in Bristol but the BDE may be based anywhere within the UK. It is anticipated that the vast majority of internal and external communications will be via video/telephone. The company may from time to time require the BDE to attend in-person meetings. Reasonable travel expenses would be met in such cases.
- Currently there are staff based outside the UK and there is the potential for this to increase in the future.
Please complete the form below to apply for this position. You will be asked to upload a CV and cover letter.